SUMO!!!!!!!!!!
I attended day 13 of the January sumo tournament at the Kokujikan Arena. And, you guys, I think I discovered a sport I actually like!!! Go me.
So, I woke up at the godawful hour of 6:15AM. It was still dark. Actually, it only started getting light around the time I left for the ATM and train station: 6:45. Managed to catch the 7:12 train in, and arrived at Ryogoku a few minutes before 8:00 -- the time the tickets went on sale. General admission tickets are only Y2100, and only sold the day of. Granted, they're for the very back row of the second floor, but I could still see. The pictures I managed before my camera died are crap, though.
Here, have some pics before I forget:
Outside the arena: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/feikoi/view/5902300
Inside, before the matches: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/feikoi/view/5902347
Early match between unranked wrestlers: http://www.mobypicture.com/user/feikoi/view/5902455
May edit this post later to include my adventures at lunch with Andrew and John, or how I did my paperwork, and took a nap, all in my hard seat! But dinner calls...
No comments:
Post a Comment