Sunday, August 2, 2009

Oh, jetlagged Monday...

So I slept a lot - a lot - yesterday. All that adventuring? Was before 2:30pm. My internal map is working great, but at expected, the internal clock is on the fritz.

BTW, everyone: Incoming calls and texts are free for me, but outgoing international stuff is pretty expensive, hence the not-texting-everyone. Sorry *puppy eyes* Am trying to get email onto my phone, but until that works out, there's always where I am right now. Yay free lobby computer.

So. Went to MIL today at 11am, actually at the same time that the delivery company were dropping off my bags. Sweet! Am leaving them there until my apartment is ready, though. It looks like I'll be stationed at the other school, at Kitarashino station. Apartment's not supposed to be ready until the 5th if I recall correctly, so until then, I'll be at the hotel. We got some of our orientation materials, were shown some of the classroom spaces, told that its near the end of the rainy season, which means its going to be really hot soon, and muggy -- like it isn't muggy now. Eww. Sounds like Florida, but with less consistent A/C. At least the classrooms seem to all be air conditioned, which is nice.

Met some of the other teachers briefly -- Cecilia, who will be starting with me, is at the same hotel, so yay.

...I just got totally distracted by facebook and twitter, and am reminded that i still haven't gone back to the SCA Japan boards to introduce myself. I should do that. Hrm.

Anyway, tomorrow we're going into Tokyo early (leave here around 7am, probably, eww -- though, i'll be up long before that. Watch me get adjusted to the time zone just long enough to be tired then, though.) to get our COE visa things processed. I'm glad that I won't be alone on this trek to another station, Tsudanuma, to meet with someone who will then take us to Tokyo. Then its back to Katsutadai, and at 1230 we meet at the school to start training stuff. This week is kinda make up lessons and such, so its going to be different than when, you know, we start teaching for real. *headdesk* Well, we'll see how it works out.

Also, apparently another one of the new teachers quit after being here for three days (we haven't done anything yet!) because of homesickness. I mean, I'm homesick as well -- had a worse bout of it while on the plane and airport -- but as I've already sunk this much money into it, I'm not quitting like that.

Off to check my room to see if I can manage the wireless internet. I'd like to make it into Tokyo, but am a bit wary about going by myself -- I'm self aware enough to know that I'll be too uncomfortable to really explore anything but the sidewalks if on my own right now, so it wouldn't be too fun of a trip.

Anyone who wants to chat with me on skype, just let me know. Dunno when I'll be on, but I'll try my best :D

3 comments:

  1. I'm jet-lagged too. Glad you got internet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *GLOMPATTACKHUGGLE*

    Ganbatte!

    ~Ash

    ReplyDelete
  3. SKYPERPANTS :D lemme know when you'll be on! :) can't guarantee that i won't be working myself... but we'll figure it out :)

    ReplyDelete