Thursday, August 20, 2009

Classes!

So, I've started my first week of classes. Woo. *waves flag*

It's still summer vacation for a lot of the kids, which explains a few of the private lesson cancellations -- makes this week a bit easier than it will be normally. I have lots of elementary classes. So far, actually, I've had two JH classes, two adult classes, and about eight elementary school classes. Three more today.

Tomorrow, Friday, is my day off this term (term ends at the end of September, btw). Well, Friday and Sunday. Saturday I have seven classes from 11 to 6. One of my private classes cancelled this week, but its all at a school i've never been to before, so I'll probably head there tomorrow to see where the students are and do basic lesson planning. Otherwise, I'll have to head in really early on Saturday to fit it in, ick.

Charlie and I are planning on sharing a wireless router, so we have to go find one for when he gets internet next Wednesday. Fun times. Oh, and got my visa Tuesday morning -- managed to make it there by virtue of smishing three sets of directions together, and staring blankly at a train route map. Woo!

Anyway, a totally boring update. Sorry. Here, have some pictures:


Gundam!






More Later! Ja!

11 comments:

  1. Jamie! So glad you got the Visa. I feel so dumb for over-sleeping on Tuesday! Anyway, got mine today, somehow! Have awesome days off and see you on...Monday I guess? I need to get to Tokyo to see that Gundam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamie, I am glad everything is going well, miss you tons. Yay for days off! Love mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update? Update! Pictures! :D

    ...and here I was thinking this Gundam you were talking about was a building or something. Shame on me. That is one massive, massive... thing. And people think our Big Pineapple and Big Banana are impressive... :/

    Do my eyes deceive me or did I actually read "internet" and "Wednesday" in the same sentence there? *tentatively gets party supplies ready*

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. When I visit you, you'll take me to see this gigantic Gundam, y/y? If I came back with a picture of me in front of that my cool status would increase tenfold with the kids at work. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad the visa worked out! Love the pictures--the Gundam is pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yay visa!!!! yay classes!!! yay jamie!!!
    i miss you!!! *sniffles*
    sooooo make big bucks and fly us all over there! :D
    haha.... i am desperately awaiting financial aid money... if things work out as well as i'm hoping, visiting you may not be such a distant dream... :)
    hurry up and get your damn internet! i want to skype! *grump*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jamie,
    Hope this time this message gets sent. we are still learning how to use the blog site.
    So good to see your pictures and hear about your beginning classes. Sounds like a heavy schedule. Don't let them wear you out so soon. Good you can possibly share internet with the other teacher. take care. Love you lots and miss you. Grammy and Grampa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gundam!

    It's totally secretly functional. Japan just decided to keep it hidden by putting it out in the open.

    Glad to hear from you! Hope you get internet soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gundam! I must must must see that at some point.

    Hope classes are going well and the students are behaving for you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Update pls. Kthxbai.

    ReplyDelete